Friday, November 6, 2009

First hair cut in China = disaster

We took Star with us to the salon to ward off potential mullets, but apparently there was some confusion between "shorter" and "short," and somehow I ended up with Jim Carrey's bangs from "Dumb and Dumber." It's taken a beer and two and a half chocolate bars to recover my sense of humor.

Otherwise, it was a highly entertaining outing. The stylists - two young men with the Asian bouffants that all the truly hip kids sport here - were all kinds of intrigued by us. First of all, they wanted to know, if both Beth and I were from America, why wasn't our hair the same color? (Star explained this one by saying that Beth was a "mixed-blood," hence the dark hair.)

Even better was when my stylist called half the salon over to peer at my scalp. "He says you have some white hairs," Star explained. "But I don't think so. They must be blonde." Love that girl. Sigh. Yes, it's true: China is giving me gray hair.

3 comments:

  1. OHMIGOD...that photo is freaking fantastic. I needed a good laugh!

    Gel. Lots of gel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I got blamed for this crap, I'd like to make it public knowledge that you brought them a photo of Ashley Simpson and said "Like this."

    How shocking that you got screwed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man. I cannot wait to get a haircut like that.

    ReplyDelete